updated 28 May 2020
Notifying the ECU
Providers can call the toll free Department of Education’s Education and Care COVID-19 helpline on 1800 816 057 for information about the relief packages, business support programs, grants and loans, and where providers can apply for these support options. The hotline is available from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, except for public holidays.
If services have questions regarding regulatory requirements, ratios, waivers or notifying the ECU, our team members are available to discuss these concerns.
If you have questions about whether or not you need to notify us of any incident, complaint or change to your operations, please contact us to confirm what you need to do.
Providers have an obligation under the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 (the National Law) to notify the ECU of certain incidents, complaints and changes to information. Incidents requiring notification include:
- Confirmed cases where a staff member, child or family member has tested positive to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please advise the ECU by submitting a notification via the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQAITS).
- any circumstance that arises at a service that poses a risk to the health, safety or wellbeing of children attending the service.
- Other circumstances where a provider is required to notify include:
- Proposed changes to the education and care services premises
- Changes to the operating hours or number of children able to attend the service
- If the approved provider ceases to operate the education and care service, and
- if the principal office of a family day care service changes
For a detailed summary of the circumstances that must be notified, please refer to section 7.3 of the Guide to the NQF, Reporting of Information to the Regulatory Authority.
If a notification is needed, please go to the National Quality Agenda IT System to sign on and lodge the online form. Please include as much detail as possible, so we can quickly and accurately assess what (if any) action needs to be taken as a result of your notification.
ACECQA has also provided guidance on notifying through the National Quality Agenda IT System.
If you have any questions, please contact the ECU on 6165 5425 or via email@example.com or call your point of contact authorised officer directly.